Friday 25 September 2009

A useful old bag indeed...

It's been a beautiful day. And busy. Started well with a cup of Macmillan coffee and a chat with Fiona and then I, well, just got down to it! Finished the cards for another workshop and managed to get this LO ready. It's to illustrate the sketch for the Ludgershall Crop next weekend. I know, flying by the seat of mah pants again, but to be honest, I'm in a bit of shock about it being October next week. Then I did some gardening and I sorted out the who and the what for mending my car window, and got it booked in. Thank goodness. Driving around with a bin bag taped over the near side rear window isn't exactly a look I want to foster! I'm at a bit of a loss as to what to do for tea, so am thinking that although I've been very useful all day, I might be falling at the final hurdle!

If you're off to Alexander Palace this weekend: take cash. When the cash has gone, GO HOME! (Life tip!) I'm not going, on purpose. But I am going to a class to learn about me Copics, looking forward to that. Have a lovely weekend, interweb.

8 comments:

Paige said...

I love the Lo about your handbag and I think I got from the journalling (sorry my eyesight is failing) that it's died a deatha nd due for replacement? it's a great Bag and looks very useful!!!!! the papers match perfectly and I really like the arrangement of the photos! have fun at ally pally this weekend would love to have gone but I'm saving for our retreat in a few weeks as want to have pennies to spend at our CTM store :)

Jenny said...

Love the LO Julia, v restrained re Ally Pally also! x

Ann said...

I love the layout Julia. I like scrapping everyday things as well as people or events. In years to come you will remember not only the useful old bag but also the happy time you had scrappin' it into retirement!
I've never been to Ally Pally (no spare cash to buy more stash)- maybe next year. Have a great time there this weekend.

Unknown said...

I am loving the useful old bag LO ... mainly due to the affinity I feel with the title and the number of useful old bags I have acquired over the last 44 years!

As for dinner ... I have just had roast beef ... the man that lives in may not be so good at stone chips but he sure knows how to make a roast ... please note ... we had guests ... it's not the usual Friday night meal :0)

Carmen said...

ONE MORE SLEEP! Yep I'm going to Ally Pally but it's cash all the way for me. Been saving £1 a day since April :D Spent £40 of my savings already though - got a BIA all ready to be picked up from one of the stalls! Whooo!

Love the bag page and as usual am in envy at your lovely handwriting ;)

Smudgemakes said...

Hi Julia! The bag is fab and the layout a perfect reminder! I love funky bags like this!! Not going to Ally Pally! Decided that the money it would have cost would have been better spent on just plain old stamps off the tinterweb! Enjoy your copic masterclass!

Angie said...

Great 'reminder of a faithful friend' LO ...hope you have a great time with your class ... look forward to seeing what you buy.

Carmen ...thats a good way of saving for it.

Kerry said...

Hope you enjoy Ally Pally